Award-Winning Producer, Director, Director of Photography, & Still Photographer U.Roberto (Robin) Romano is one of the most respected investigative filmmakers in the world. A short list of his film credits includes:
- Producer, Director & Director of Photography – The Harvest: feature documentary, produced by Shine Global, on the life of migrant children and their families in America.
- Co-Director (with Miki Mistrati) and Director of Photography -Dark Side of Chocolate: feature documentary, produced Bastard Films – Denmark, on slavery in the West Africa cocoa trade.
- Director, Director of Photography and Still Photographer – Fields of Peril: report by Human Rights Watch.
- Director of Photography and Still Photographer – Freedom Awards: Special Broadcast, produced by Free the Slaves.
- Producer, Director & Director of Photography – Children in the Fields: Educational documentary produced by the Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs.
- Producer, Director & Director of Photography – Stolen Childhoods: feature documentary on child labor for Galen Films and Romano Productions.
Robin is an award-winning photographer and photojournalist. He has traveled extensively documenting human rights issues for advocacy organizations around the world including GoodWeave, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, The International Labor Organization, Stop The Traffik, The Hunger Project, The Farm Labor Organizing Committee, Council on Foreign Relations and Antislavery International.
Robin Romano’s powerful photography has been published in the Ford Foundation Quarterly, Stanford Review, Scholastic, Ore24, The New York Times and other leading newspapers and magazines around the world. It has also been featured at the following galleries and shows:
- 2009-10 World Bank, DC, Faces of Freedom – One Man Show
- 2009 Inauguration Exhibit, Russell Rotunda, DC – One Man Show
- 2009 Miami International Airport – One Man Show
- 2006 Benton Museum, University of Connecticut – One Man Show
- 2005 Johnson Center, University of North Carolina – One Man Show
In addition to his film and photography, Robin is a human rights educator and advocate whose knowledge and expertise is highly valued by policy makers at home and abroad. Robin has spoken before congress and on advisory boards around the US on labor and human rights issues. Recently, he gave the plenary speech at the Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs annual conference in Coeur d’Alene and has participated in multiple panels on Capitol Hill including a special Dept Of Labor panel on Sept 15 2009 with Sec of Labor Hilda Solis and Dolores Huerta, co-founder and First Vice President Emeritus of the United Farm Workers of America. In September 2010, he appeared before Congress with The Harvest Executive Producer Eva Longoria Parker and Congresswoman Roybal-Allard to promote The CARE Bill. In October 2010 he will address the Global Forum on Human Trafficking and in December he has been invited to participate in the Forced Child Labor / Human Trafficking / Child Sex Tourism training event sponsored by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations, International Affairs.